Sunday, October 16, 2011

Proud Mummy Moment!

This afternoon my 5 year old, Jessica, proved to me how exceptional she truly is.

I decided to get out and mow the back yard to try and keep the damn nut grass at bay. While I was out there, I told Jessica that she was in charge of the babies. She likes to get a bit of responsibility, it makes her feel important, and I like giving her the boost.

I was only outside for maybe about 40 minutes, if that, and I checked on them all several times. They were quite happy watching Dora on tv. But when I came back in after putting the mower away, I couldn't help but smile at the sight that greeted me.



Jessica had decided that Nicola was thirsty and wanted some water... so by herself, she went and got a cup of water, a syringe and a tube. She plugged the tube into Nicola's Mic-Key port, drew up a syringe full of water and started to give her sister water.





Nicola clearly wasn't in the least bit phased by it. I was so proud of Jessica for being so thoughtful and so kind and so considerate, but it didn't end there!

When Nicola signed that she was finished, there was still water in the cup, so Jessica decided that Alyssa was thirsty too!





Naturally, Alyssa was syringe fed too! :D

(Sorry about the dodgy photos! They were snapped on my phone!)

1 comment:

Tammy MultiBlogging Mum said...

What a thoughtful little girl she was....

Post a Comment