Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Wish List

The things I want...


I joke almost every day about the things I want...  I want a million dollars, I want an extravagant holiday, I want  a big house, I want new furniture, I want a new car, I want a cook, I want a cleaner...  I want a lot of things in my flights of fancy...  


But in my heart, I only want a few.


I want a good camera - to be able to record the moments as they happen, to make the memories that in years to come we will look back on and smile, remembering the happiness and love in each and every moment.


I want a holidaynot an extravagant expensive overseas venture, but a nice family holiday...  something to show my other children that we can be like other families, that we can go away and do normal things, that our lives don't revolve around the hospital and a never ending barrage of medical and therapy appointments.


I want $4186 - to be able to pay for and bring home a Kidwalk for Nicola to try and get her learning to walk.  We put her in one at therapy to trial it and she took two steps...  which was the proudest mumma moment of my life!  We have so far paid close to $1800 on it, but there is $4186 to go before we can take it home and actually use it.


And that's it.


In the immediate here and now, if I was granted three wishes tomorrow, those are the three things that I would ask for.  


Is it really asking for too much??

No comments:

Post a Comment